Courtesy of Kevin Loughery, Saint John City Market
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 full servings
1/8 to 1/4 cup, Butter (your choice)
2 tablespoons, Olive oil
1 teaspoon, Coarse salt
1/4 teaspoon, Ground black pepper
3 cloves, Garlic, minced
1 pound, Fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
Parmesan cheese to garnish
1. Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Stir in the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
3. Cook garlic in butter for a minute, but do not brown.
4. Add asparagus, and cook for 10 minutes, turning asparagus to ensure even cooking.
5. Plate, garnish with parmesan and serve!