Courtesy of Cindy Christie, The Butcher's Daughter Gift Shoppe
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
4 Tbsp., Butter
2 medium, Onions (sweet)
2 tsp., Minced garlic
1/4 tsp., Chili flakes
2 tsp., Curry powder
1/2 tsp., Ground coriander
Pinch, Cayenne pepper (optional)
5 cups, Canned pumpkin puree or 6 cups roasted pumpkin
5 cups, Chicken or vegetable broth
2 cups, Milk
1/2 cup, Brown sugar
1/2 cup, Whipping cream
1. Melt butter in large soup pot over medium high heat.
2. Add onions and garlic and cook, stirring often, until softened (approx. 5 mins).
3. Add spice and stir (approx. 1 min).
4. Add pumpkin and broth, blend well. Bring to a boil and reduce heat, simmer 15 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and with a hand held blender, blend until smooth.
6. Return to low heat and add brown sugar and mix.
7. Slowly add milk, stirring until incorporated, then add cream slowly, again stirring constantly.
8. If you find the soup too spicy, add a little cream to reduce the heat.
9. Cindy (aka The Butcher’s Daughter) likes to top with roasted pumpkin seeds.
10. Serve and ENJOY!